Every week on Friday, we’ll be updating the blog with all the different things we’ll be doing during the upcoming week in our Social Entrepreneurial Program.
- School closed for Veteran’s Day
- Independent Day: Students work at their internships or come to school to work on their independent projects. This week, all of the students can use this time to complete their Little Free Libraries, do their homework for Book Club (we’re reading Robert Frost), or work on their independent projects. The middle schoolers will probably use this time to start completing their group research-paper on the evolution of the canines, while three other students will be traveling to Pawlet for their internship in tile making. We also have two students who will be traveling to Rutland to do work on their independent project of starting a chocolate business.
- Morning Seminar: We’ll start our new unit on World’s Religions. For this unit, we’ll be splitting our middle schoolers and high schoolers into two different groups, allowing the discussions to take place on levels that are developmentally appropriate.
- Little Free Library Workshop: Students will work with our mentor, Jim Becker, to complete the construction of their Little Free Libraries, begin painting, and learn how to install the libraries in the ground.
- Social Entrepreneurial Workshop: Students will continue developing a business plan for the LiHigh School Culinary Institute.
- Martial Arts & Physical Activities: Students will choose to either participate in a structured martial arts lesson or use this time to exercise in a more free-form manner.
- Independent Day: Students work at their internships or come to school to work on their independent projects.
- School closed for staff in-service