- Pick Me Up: Students will share stories from the April vacation.
- Seminar: As an introduction to our unit on family trees, students will read and discuss “The Stories that Bind Us.”
- Book Club: Students will perform a table reading of the first act of Our Town, by Thornton Wilder
- Independent Time: Students will have 45 minutes of independent time to work on the Earth Fair exhibition.
- Earth Fair: Students will continue work on the Earth Fair exhibition.
- Workshop: Students will begin to develop the first branches on their family trees.
- Reflection: Students will have 25 minutes to reflect on their day.
- Close Out: Students will watch and discuss the short film, “With A Piece of Chalk.”
- Independent Work: Students will have the day to attend their internships, work on their independent projects, their Earth Fair exhibition, and their college classes.
- Poultney 2020: Students will spend the day attending the events of the Poultney 2020 conference.
- Pick Me Up: Students will watch and discuss Taryn Simon’s TED talk, “The Stories Behind the Bloodlines.”
- Seminar: Students will learn to conduct historical interviews with family members to strengthen their knowledge of their family tree.
- Independent Time: Students will have two hours of independent time to complete their work on the Earth Fair exhibition, as well as work on their individual projects.
- Quiet Time: Students will have 30 minutes of quiet time.
- Earth Fair: Students will exhibit their work at the Poultney Earth Fair.
- Independent Work: Students will have the whole day to work on their independent projects, including their autobiographies and their family trees.